New Enquiries 0344 854 7000
Existing Enquiries 0191 232 1123
Conveyancing 0191 260 6571
New Enquiries 0344 854 7000
Existing Enquiries 0191 232 1123
Conveyancing 0191 260 6571
New Enquiries 0344 854 7000
Existing Enquiries 0191 232 1123
Conveyancing 0191 260 6571

Start your FREE Enquiry

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Construction Accident Claims

Construction sites are statistically one of the most dangerous working environments in the UK. Whilst tight health and safety measures are in place accidents still happen, leading to devastating consequences.

If you have had an accident on a building site within the last three years you may be able to make a claim, to compensate you for your injuries and loss of earnings.  Our personal injury solicitors have over 25 years of experience handling work accident claims and will deal with your case on a No Win, No Fee basis.

For a free initial assessment of your case, call us on 0344 854 7000 or submit your details below and we will call you back to discuss further.

Start my claim

What type of construction accident can I make a claim for?

If you’ve been injured in an accident on a construction or building site, we may be able to help you to make a claim for the following types of accident:

What health and safety regulations should be in place?

The HSE (Health and Safety Executive) has an extensive set of guidelines that the construction industry must adhere to. Whilst working on a construction site your employer has the legal duty to protect you from harm.

You must be supplied with the following PPE:

  • Hard hat
  • Hearing protection
  • Footwear – such as steel capped boots
  • High visibility clothing

If you have been injured at work as a result of not being supplied with the correct PPE, we can help you to make a claim against your employer due to their negligence.

If your employer was found to be in breach of the following regulations we can also help you to make a claim:

  • Health and Safety at Work Act 1974: This sets out a wide range of duties that employers must meet to ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees, clients, contractors and visitors to the premises of the business.
  • Work at height regulations 2005: This is in place to help prevent injuries and deaths caused by falls from height. Employers have the responsibility to make sure that work from height is carried out by trained professionals, is planned and supervised at all times.
  • Provision and Use of Work Regulations (PUWER) 1998: This relates to equipment used in the workplace. The regulations state that equipment must be suitable for the intended use, maintained to a good standard and should only be used by people who have been trained to use it properly.
  • Lifting Operating and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998: This places the onus of responsibility on employers who operate lifting equipment. The regulations state that lifting operations should be properly planned, supervised and that equipment must be fit for purpose.
  • Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) 2002: This advises employers on ways to help minimise the impact of chemicals, vapours, fumes and gases on the health and safety of their employees.
  • Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015: This focuses on coordinating and planning work in order to reduce potential risks.

Who is eligible to make a construction accident claim?

Our construction accident solicitors can help you to make a claim if you have been injured on a building site if you are:

  • An employee
  • A self-employed contractor
  • A member of the public
  • A visitor

Under UK law casual workers and self-employed contractors can still be considered as employees, and therefore are covered by the same health and safety regulations as other staff members.

Agency workers who have been injured at work are eligible to make a claim; your safety is both the agency and the construction company’s responsibility.

Can I make a claim if a loved one has passed away?

Sadly, death can be the consequence of a construction accident, this is especially common if the accident involved falling from height. If a loved one has passed away due to a construction accident, as their next of kin you are eligible to make a claim on their behalf. Making a claim can:

  • Help to recover compensation to account for their pain and suffering.
  • Recover financial losses that your household faces due to their death.
  • Help cover funeral expenses.
  • Help to get an answer and an apology from the company responsible for causing the accident.

You must start the claims process within 3 years from the date of the accident or from the date of their death.

How do I prove that my employer was responsible for causing the accident?

In order to prove that your employer’s negligence led to your accident and injuries it must be possible for your solicitor to collect evidence to build a case against them. This includes:

  • Being able to prove that a duty of care was breached.
  • Being able to prove that the duty of care directly led to the accident and consequent injuries.

Evidence that can be used to help prove this can include:

  • Witness reports from the scene of the accident.
  • The report in the company accident book.
  • Photos and video evidence from the scene of the accident.
  • Medical records and the findings from an independent medical assessment.
  • Reports from independent health and safety experts.

How much will my construction injury claim be worth?

Each individual construction accident claim is different, so it is not possible to say exactly how much compensation you will receive. Claims are however calculated based on a number of different factors including:

  • The seriousness of the injuries sustained.
  • The individual’s loss of earnings.
  • The rehabilitation treatment required.
  • If care and assistance will be needed on an on-going basis.
  • If home and vehicle adaptations need to be made.
  • The individual’s ability to work in the same capacity in the future.

Use our compensation calculator to get an idea of what your physical injuries could be worth.

Calculate my claim

Is there a time limit to making a claim?

You need to make your claim within three years from the date of the building site accident. The sooner you seek legal advice following the accident the better, as information will be fresh to mind.

Can I make a No Win, No Fee claim?

Our construction accident solicitors will handle your claim on a ‘No win, No fee’ basis. Our charges to you are dependent upon the individual type of case, and are typically a percentage of the compensation amount that we obtain for you. The charges will be no more than 25% of your compensation.

Why make a construction site accident claim with us?

True Solicitors work accident team are experienced in handling all types of construction accident claims. We are here to assist you every step of the way, providing you with legal advice and support throughout the claims process. We will also arrange any rehabilitation and treatment you may need to aid your recovery.

If you or someone you know has suffered injuries due to a construction accident, contact us now on 0344 854 7000 for free, impartial advice. Alternatively you can submit a free, no obligation enquiry via the form on our website.

Start my claim

Future Career Opportunities

  • Max. file size: 750 MB.
  • Accredited Member of the Credit Hire Organisation
  • Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme Accreditation
  • Brain Injury Association
  • Mass
  • The Legal 500 - The Clients Guide to Law Firms