If you or someone you know has suffered a head or brain injury, contact us now on 0344 854 7000 for free, impartial advice about claiming compensation.
Start your FREE Enquiry
Head Injuries Claims
A head injury can affect you in many different ways, leaving physical scars and impairing your everyday function. These injuries can cause real change to you and your family’s lives, affecting independence, your relationships and your ability to work.
We have also built strong relationships with nationally renowned medical experts and barristers, who we call upon in serious head injury cases, to build a team of experts best equipped to fight a case.
Our specialist head injury team has a track record of success over many years and has built a reputation for providing expert advice straightforwardly and sympathetically.
Call us on 0344 854 7000 to discuss your head injury claim, or submit your details below and we’ll call you back at a time convenient for you.
Why choose True Solicitors LLP for your head injury claim?
Our lawyers will handle your head injury case with compassion and care, providing you, and your family, with the support you need throughout the whole process.
What are the common causes of head injuries?
Head injuries can be caused by many different types of accidents and can be a common feature in:
What are the common types of head injuries?
There are many different types of head injuries. Head trauma can affect you in different ways, sometimes injuries can affect just one specific functional area or, in cases of major trauma, can impact all functionality.
The most common types of head injury include:
- Skull Fracture: A skull fracture is any form of break to the cranial bone. Fractures are not always plain to see to the naked eye, symptoms that can indicate an internal fracture include bruising to the face, bleeding from the ears or nose and swelling and tenderness. Causation of skull fractures include; assault, road traffic accidents or injuring the head due to a fall
- Haematoma: Involves the collection of blood between the brain and the skull. It is typically caused by a form of severe head trauma following a road traffic accident or fall. Symptoms include headaches, drowsiness, vomiting and even loss of consciousness
What are the effects of head injury?
For more serious head injuries, recovery can be a long and difficult road and may result in a very different future. Your home and work may need adaptations, or you could be in a position where you cannot work again.
A head injury can affect physical abilities, including:
- Balance and coordination
- Sensory ability- sight, smell, hearing, touch and taste
- Muscle strength, tone and control
Those suffering due to a head injury may also suffer from:
- Bladder/bowel changes
- Increased fatigue
- Sleep disturbance
- Mood swings
- Personality changes
- Difficulty communicating effectively
What can I claim head injury compensation for?
If you have suffered a head injury that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to claim for the following:
- Loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses such as prescription charges, painkillers and rehabilitation
- Care and support
- Reduced life expectancy
- Ongoing illness
- Recovery time
- Expected lifestyle changes
How much will my head injury claim be worth?
The amount of compensation that you may receive is dependent upon the individual circumstances of your case. The amount will depend on factors such as:
- The severity of your health complications
- How your life has been affected by the injury
- Your future care and support needs
- Financial losses, including how much money you have lost or will lose as a result of the head injury (e.g. loss of earnings, travel expenses)
To get an idea of the amount that you may receive to compensate for head injuries, use your free injury calculator below:
Can I get access to rehabilitation for my head injury?
Head injuries can lead to unique and challenging ongoing physical and mental issues.
As part of the claims process, your solicitor will arrange for an independent medical expert to assess your injuries and report back with recommended treatment and rehabilitation, to help you to live with your head injury.
The following types of rehabilitation might be recommended for a head injury:
- Physiotherapy: To help you to regain strength and coordination
- Occupational therapy: An occupational therapist will help you adapt your home to help you manage the impact of your head injury
- Psychological therapy: To help with your mental health following the trauma of a head injury. Psychological therapy can help you to come to terms with your new way of life following the injury and provide you with ways of managing your anger and stress
How much will it cost to make a claim?
TRUE Solicitors will manage your claim on a ‘No win, No fee’ basis. Our charges to you are dependent upon the individual type of case, and are typically a percentage of the compensation amount that we obtain for you. The charges will be no more than 25% of your compensation.
How much will it cost to make a head injury claim?
True Solicitors LLP will manage your claim on a no-win, no-fee basis. Our charges to you are dependent upon the individual type of case and are typically a percentage of the head injury compensation amount that we obtain for you. The charges will be no more than 25% of your compensation.
Is there a time limit for making a head injury claim?
You typically have three years from the date on which you acquired the head injury to make a claim. There are some expectations regarding the time limit including the below:
- You can make a claim on a child’s behalf at any time before the child reaches the age of 18. After the child has turned 18 they have until they are 21 to make a claim themselves
- If you would like to pursue a claim on behalf of a loved one who has sadly passed away, where a head injury contributed towards their death, you can make a claim within three years of that date
- If a loved one has been left mentally incapacitated due to their brain injury, there is no time limit for bringing a claim on their behalf
Why True Solicitors LLP are the best option for your head injury claim
To help you throughout your head injury claim we will:
- Provide you with jargon-free advice on whether you have a valid head injury claim
- Agree to represent you on a ‘No Win, No Fee’ basis which means you pay nothing if you lose
- Arrange rehabilitation treatment that might help you to recover from your head injury more quickly
- Obtain a medical report to assess the extent of your injury
- Recover any out-of-pocket expenses and future losses e.g. loss of earnings, travel expenses, medical expenses, property adaptations, care requirements
- Make sure you receive your maximum entitlement to compensation. We won’t settle for less
So if you or someone you know has suffered a head injury, contact us now at 0344 854 7000 for free, impartial advice about claiming compensation.
Our no-win, no-fee service gives our clients peace of mind.
Submit Your claim – we will establish who was at fault and submit a claim on your behalf.
Gather the Evidence and Arrange Treatment – we will collect all of the evidence needed to prove your claim, arrange a medical examination for you, and if appropriate arrange treatment to assist with your recovery.
Win Your Claim – we will fight hard on your behalf to recover maximum compensation in the shortest time.
How long will my head injury claim take?
Head injury cases are complex and often take years to settle. This is because it is important to properly assess the severity of the damage and the long-term impact on the individual. For example, whether they can work again and, if so, at what capacity.
Future Career Opportunities
If there isn't a role available for you right now, submit your CV and we'll let you know when the right job comes along!