Our ‘No Win, No Fee’ service means there is no financial risk to you.
Start your FREE Enquiry
Rib Injury Claim
Rib injuries can range from cracked ribs to damage to internal organs. Broken or cracked ribs can be extremely painful and often take up to six weeks to repair themselves, during which time the treatment is limited as they cannot easily be reached.
A broken rib can cause a lung puncture, which makes it very hard to breathe. Your liver and spleen could also be at risk of damage from a broken rib.
If you have suffered a personal injury, True Solicitors LLP could help you with your rib injury claim.
Our cases are undertaken on a no-win, no-fee basis so there’s no upfront cost or financial risk to you.
Call us on 0344 854 7000 to discuss your rib injury claim, or submit your details and we’ll call you back at a time suitable for you.
Common causes of rib injuries
Rib injuries may be a result of one of the following:
Recovery from a rib injury can be painful, especially in cases with complications.
What are the common types of rib injuries?
The most common rib injuries are as follows:
- Rib fractures – A break or multiple breaks in the rib cage, which can then lead to bruising of the muscles and ligaments surrounding the site of injury. The lungs and other organs underneath the ribs can also be injured
- Flail chest – This is when a piece of the rib cage is separated from the rest of the rib cage structure- typically at least two ribs
- Splenic rupture – Injuries to the ribs may result in a splenic rupture, which involves the outer capsule being split and the spleen then bleeding into the abdominal cavity
What effects can a rib injury have?
Damage to your ribs could cause breathing trouble, bruising and swelling, pain which is excavated by coughing, sneezing, etc., tenderness, etc.
What can a rib injury claim include?
Your claim for a rib injury will include the following:
- Loss of income
- Medical expenses including rehabilitation
- Care and support
- Reduced life expectancy
- Ongoing issues
- Lifestyle changes
How much could a rib injury claim be worth?
The value of your compensation for a rib injury claim will vary depending on:
- The injury and associated health issues
- How your life is affected
- Any support, care and treatment
- Financial loss and future losses
How much does a rib injury claim cost?
Rib injury claims with True Solicitors LLP are on a no-win, no-fee basis. Charges vary depending on each individual case. Typically, a percentage of the compensation will be agreed upon, never more than 25%.
How TRUE can help you with your rib injury claim
We will guarantee the following with every rib injury claim:
- We’ll give you help and advice based on your case and advise whether you have a valid rib injury claim
- We’ll assess your injuries through an independent medical report
- We’ll arrange treatment and rehabilitation including physiotherapy
- We’ll strive to get you the maximum compensation you’re entitled to
Submit Your claim – we will establish who was at fault and submit a claim on your behalf.
Gather the Evidence and Arrange Treatment – we will collect all of the evidence needed to prove your claim, arrange a medical examination for you, and if appropriate arrange treatment to assist with your recovery.
Win Your Claim – we will fight hard on your behalf to recover maximum compensation in the shortest time.
How long will my claim take?
The length of time it takes to settle your claim depends on 3 factors; whether the other party admits they were at fault, the severity of injuries, and the amount of your losses and expenses. A straightforward rib or chest injury claim can be settled within 3 months but in complex cases they may take more than a year.
Future Career Opportunities
If there isn't a role available for you right now, submit your CV and we'll let you know when the right job comes along!