New Enquiries 0344 854 7000
Existing Enquiries 0191 232 1123
Conveyancing 0191 260 6571
New Enquiries 0344 854 7000
Existing Enquiries 0191 232 1123
Conveyancing 0191 260 6571
New Enquiries 0344 854 7000
Existing Enquiries 0191 232 1123
Conveyancing 0191 260 6571

Start your FREE Enquiry

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Andrew Mayall

Partner - Personal Injury (EL/PL & Serious Injury)


Slips, Trips & Falls Claims

Falling in a public place can not only be embarrassing, but often it causes injury. Where the slip or fall was caused by someone else’s negligence, you’re entitled to compensation for your injuries and any financial losses you have suffered.

Where do slips, trips and fall accidents usually take place?

Accidents caused by slips, trips or falls on public or private property are very common and we regularly bring successful compensation claims arising out of accidents in:

  • Shops and supermarkets
  • Offices
  • Restaurants, hotels and pubs
  • Car parks

Businesses and property owners have a legal duty to keep their premises safe for visitors. When they fail to do so and this leads to an accident, the injured person can claim compensation from the business or its insurer.

Start my claim

What are the most common causes of slips, trips and falls injuries?

Most slips, trips or falls accidents are caused by:

  • Wet floors due to spillages or rainwater
  • Uneven flooring
  • Poor lighting
  • Unexpected obstacles

Many businesses think that a sign, warning of a hazard such as a wet or uneven floor, is enough for them to avoid liability. However, if the sign was not prominent or the hazard could have been fixed before the accident, they may remain liable.

What should you do if you have suffered an injury due to a slip, trip or fall?

  • Report the accident to a member of staff, or the owner, as soon as you can.
  • Make sure the accident is recorded in their accident book.
  • If possible, take photos of the accident locations, ideally showing what caused the accident.
  • Get the name and contact details of any witnesses.
  • Seek medical treatment and ensure that your injuries are medically recorded.

How can I make a compensation claim for a slip, trip or fall accident?

Slip, trip and fall claims can often be far from straight forward and it is important that you instruct a solicitor who is familiar with them. If you are 18 years and over you can submit a claim for a slip, trip or fall accident, which has occurred in  the last three years. True Solicitors LLP has a specialist team of lawyers with many years’ experience of all types of slip, trip and fall claims ready to help your case.

What can I claim compensation for?

You may be able to claim for the following:

  • Loss of earnings.
  • Pain and suffering.
  • Medical expenses such as, prescription charges and painkillers.
  • Compensation for care and support.
  • Rehabilitation.
  • Reduced life expectancy.
  • Ongoing illness.
  • Recovery time.
  • Expected lifestyle changes.

How much compensation am I likely to receive?

It is difficult to estimate the amount of compensation that you may receive due to a slip trip accident claim, as there are a number of variable factors such as medical expenses, travel costs incurred and individual loss of earnings. To get an idea of the compensation you may receive for the physical damages caused:

Calculate my claim

How much will it cost to make a claim?

Your claim will be handled on a ‘No win, No fee’ basis. Our charges to you are dependent upon the individual type of case, and are typically a percentage of the compensation amount that we obtain for you. The charges will be no more than 25% of your compensation.

Is there a time limit for me to make a claim?

You have up to 3 years from the date of the accident to make a claim. It is important to make a claim as soon as possible while the evidence and the memories of you and your witnesses are still fresh. Of course, if your accident was some time ago then do not worry, as long as it is within the 3-year time limit a claim may still be possible.

True Client Stories

£6500 obtained for client injured in tripping accident in supermarket car park. 

For a free, no obligation initial assessment contact us now on 0344 854 7000.  Alternatively, you can email us at, or submit an enquiry via the form on our website, and we will contact you without delay to discuss your case.

 Our ‘No Win, No Fee’ service gives our clients peace of mind.

Contact us

Our Process


Submit Your claim – we will establish who was at fault and submit a claim on your behalf.


Gather the Evidence and Arrange Treatment – we will collect all of the evidence needed to prove your claim, arrange a medical examination for you, and if appropriate arrange treatment to assist with your recovery.


Win Your Claim – we will fight hard on your behalf to recover maximum compensation in the shortest time.

How Long Will My Claim Take?

The length of slip, trip and fall claims depend on whether the other party admits fault, the severity of the injury and the extent of the claim for losses and expenses. Straightforward slip, trip and fall claims may settle within a few months, whereas complex cases may take in excess of a year.

Andrew Mayall

Partner - Personal Injury (EL/PL & Serious Injury)


Future Career Opportunities

  • Max. file size: 750 MB.
  • Accredited Member of the Credit Hire Organisation
  • Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme Accreditation
  • Brain Injury Association
  • Mass
  • The Legal 500 - The Clients Guide to Law Firms