Accident At Work Claims
During 2015/2016 the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) reported that over 621,000 people in the UK suffered an accident at work. 20% of these cases were handling, lifting or carrying injuries, 19% were slips and trips, and 10% were injuries caused by being hit by a moving object.
An employer has a legal duty to provide a safe workplace, adequate training, safe ways of working, safe equipment and proper safety clothing to comply with extensive health and safety regulations.
If your employer has failed to meet these responsibilities and that led to you suffering an injury at work, you will be entitled to compensation for those injuries and any financial losses, such as lost earnings.
We understand that some people may be reluctant to bring a claim against their employer. However, in practice, any claim would be dealt with by your employer’s insurers. Just like motor insurance, insurance for accidents suffered by their staff is compulsory for an employer, no matter how small their business or how few staff they employ. Moreover, your employer cannot treat you any differently as a result of making any accident at work claims..
At TRUE Solicitors LLP we have a specialist team of lawyers who are experienced in accident at work claims and dealing with all types of accident at work cases, including:
- Slips, trips and falls: These could happen because of wet or uneven floors, loose cables, or faulty equipment, such as a faulty ladder.
- Manual handling injuries: These can be caused by lifting heavy items and not being provided with adequate lifting aids or training.
- Injuries caused by faulty work equipment, or a lack of proper training, or by the actions of work colleagues.
What should you do if you have an accident at work?
- Report the accident to your employer.
- Make sure that the details of your accident are accurately recorded in your employer’s accident book. If there is no accident book, write down what happened and give it to your employer. Keep a copy for yourself.
- Get the names and contact details of any witnesses.
- If possible, take photos of the scene of the accident.
For a free, no obligation initial assessment contact us now on 0844 854 7000. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com, or submit an enquiry via the form on our website, and we will contact you without delay to discuss your case
Our ‘No Win, No Fee’ service means there is no financial risk to you.
Submit Your claim – we will establish who was at fault and submit a claim on your behalf.
Gather the Evidence and Arrange Treatment – we will collect all of the evidence needed to prove your claim, arrange a medical examination for you, and if appropriate arrange treatment to assist with your recovery.
Win Your Claim – we will fight hard on your behalf to recover maximum compensation in the shortest time.
How long will my claim take?
The length of any accident at work claims depend on whether the other party admits fault, the severity of the injury and the extent of the claim for losses and expenses. Straightforward accident at work claims may settle within a few months, whereas complex cases may take in excess of a year.Get in Touch