If you or someone you know has suffered a sight or eye injury, contact us now on 0800 014 9565 for free, impartial advice about damaged sight and eye claims.
Damaged Sight and Eye Claims
Damage to your sight and eyes can severely impact everyday life and may change your life forever. Damage to sight can come from direct trauma to your eyes or face, trauma to the head, or from a substance or contamination to your eyes. The disturbance to your sight may leave you with partial or full blindness in one or both eyes which may be temporary or permanent.
This is where TRUE Solicitors LLP can help. Damaged sight and eye claims can provide you with the best possible quality of life, by recovering compensation to fund treatment and any services or adaptations you need to minimise the effect of the injury.
What are the different types of eye damage?
Eye damage can vary from minor discomfort to permanent blindness. The most common types of eye damage include:
• Blurred vision
• Temporary blindness
• Permanent blindness
• Vision that deteriorates over time
• Eye pain
What are the common causes of damaged sight and eye injuries?
You may have suffered sight and eye damage due to:
• An Assault
• A road traffic accident
• Head trauma
• Chemical contamination
• Sharp objects
• Electrical shock
What are the effects of sight damage and eye injuries?
The effects of sight and eye damage can be devastating. Common effects include:
• Pain and discomfort
• Temporary sight loss- causing inconvenience and loss of earnings due to needing to take time off work to recover.
• Permanent sight loss- If your sight loss is permanent, then you will have to adapt and this may include learning Braille, making alterations to your home e.g. installing handrails etc., and perhaps learning to use a guide dog. It is likely you will not be able to continue in your present occupation and you may need to consider a different career which may involve re-training. You will not be able to drive and will be reliant on other people or public transport.
What can I claim compensation for if I have suffered due to sight or eye damage?
You may be able to claim for the following:
• Loss of earnings.
• Pain and suffering.
• Medical expenses such as, prescription charges and painkillers.
• Compensation for the care and support provided by family or friends.
• Reduced life expectancy.
• Ongoing illness.
• Recovery time.
• Expected lifestyle changes.
Necessary home adaptations
How much will my claim be worth?
The amount of compensation that you may receive is dependent upon the individual circumstances of your case. The amount will depend on factors such as:
• The severity of your further health complications.
• How your life has been affected by the injury.
• Your future care and support needs.
• Financial losses, including how much money you have lost or will lose as a result of the damages (e.g. loss of earnings, travel expenses).
To get an idea of the amount that you may receive to compensate for physical injuries use your free injury calculator below:
How much will it cost to make a claim?
TRUE Solicitors will manage your claim on a ‘No win, No fee’ basis, so there is no financial risk to you. Our charges to you are dependent upon the individual type of case, and are typically a percentage of the compensation amount that we obtain for you. The charges will be no more than 25% of your compensation.
So if you or someone you know has suffered a sight or eye injury, contact us now on 0844 854 7000 for free, impartial advice about damaged sight and eye claims. Alternatively, you can submit a free, no obligation enquiry via the form on our website or you can email us at email@example.com. We will contact you without delay to discuss your damaged sight and eye claim.
Our ‘No Win, No Fee’ service gives our clients peace of mind.
Submit Your claim – we will establish who was at fault and submit a claim on your behalf.
Gather the Evidence and Arrange Treatment – we will collect all of the evidence needed to prove your claim, arrange a medical examination for you, and if appropriate arrange treatment to assist with your recovery.
Win Your Claim – we will fight hard on your behalf to recover maximum compensation in the shortest time.
How long will my claim take?
The length of time it takes to settle damaged sight and eye claims depend on 3 factors; whether the other party admits they were at fault, the severity of your injuries, and the amount and complexity of your losses. Damaged sight and eye claims are generally serious and so the process will take time to conclude, however we are usually able to obtain interim payments to relieve the financial burden.