Start your FREE Enquiry
Mis-Sold Solar Panel Claims
How do I know if I have been mis-sold solar panels?
Whilst a solar panel installation can help to reduce your energy bills and your carbon footprint, they cost several thousands of pounds and may not be suitable for every home. This will depend on factors such as the customer’s budget, energy usage and the size/location of their property. Customers rely on the advice they receive at the point of sale.
If you paid for solar panels using a finance agreement or credit card, and were advised that they would:
- Generate a surplus amount of electricity than you are receiving
- Result in financial benefits received from the Feed In Tariff (FIT)
- Result in an energy bill reduction that would cover the monthly finance repayments.
- That the panels would ‘pay for themselves’.
When in reality you are not experiencing any of the above benefits, you may be eligible to make a financial mis-selling claim. Call us on 0344 854 7000 or submit your details below and we will call you back at a time suitable for you.
If you have purchased solar panels using a method of credit in the last 6 years True Solicitors may be able to help you to:
- Recover your initial investment
- Write off any outstanding balance on your finance agreement
Contact us today for a free, initial assessment of your case. We will run your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis.
How can I make solar panel claim?
We have a wealth of experience in pursuing claims against finance providers who provided the funds for people to purchase solar panel systems. We know that the sales process included various misrepresentations about the benefits produced, with many clients subsequently finding that their finance repayments significantly outweigh any benefits they are receiving.
With hundreds of thousands of people purchasing solar panels in the last few years, and with finance terms lasting up to 15 years, mis-sold solar panels are expected to become one of the biggest financial mis-selling scandals in recent times.
How do I know if I have been mis-sold?
Sadly, we have heard from many consumers who feel they were misled when they purchased their solar panels using a finance agreement, or made a part payment on a credit card.
The solar panels were originally sold as an investment, with customers being advised that the panels would pay for themselves because the financial benefits received from a Feed In Tariff (FIT) and energy bill reduction would cover the monthly finance repayments.
In essence, they were sold as being “free”, as the financial returns were supposed to outweigh the costs. We may be able to assist you in obtaining a full or partial refund if:
- You purchased or paid a deposit for the panels using a method of finance (either a finance agreement or credit card)
- The panels were purchased within the last 6 years.
- You believe you were mis-led about the performance of the solar panels because you were told the system would produce a financial benefit that is not being achieved.
- There is a significant deficit each month between the financial benefits of the solar panels (Feed-in-Tariff and energy bill reduction) and the finance repayments, but this was never explained to you at the point of sale.
Can I still make a claim if the company is no longer trading?
Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act protects consumers who have purchased items costing over £100 using a finance agreement or credit card.
This means that the credit company or finance provider is jointly liable for any complaints you may have about the company that installed the panels, even if they have ceased trading.
Can I still make a claim if I paid the deposit for my solar panels using credit?
If you only used credit to pay for the deposit payment, under the Consumer Credit Act you will still be covered for the full purchase price of the panels. As long as the minimum deposit paid on credit was at least £100.
If you have concerns that you may have been mis-sold your solar panels or a solar ‘battery-pack’, please contact our team.
For a FREE, no obligation initial assessment contact us now on 0344 854 7000. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit an enquiry via the form on our website, and we will contact you without delay to discuss your case.
Our ‘No Win, No Fee’ service gives our clients peace of mind.
TRUE Client Stories
Gather the information required to investigate your claim.
Submit a claim with the finance company.
Fight hard to win maximum compensation in the shortest time.
How Long Will My Claim Take?
The duration of your claim will depend on whether the finance provider admits they were at fault. Cases can run from 6-18 months depending on the time taken to gather the evidence and the stance taken by the finance provider when it comes to mis-sold solar panels.
If you are not receiving the financial benefits you were promised at the point of sale, we can help you to make a claim as long as:
- You have purchased the solar panels within the last 6 years; and,
- You paid for the panels using finance or you paid a deposit/part payment of more than £100 using a credit card. Contact us on 0344 854 7000 to speak to one of our friendly advisers, or submit your details via our online enquiry form and we will call you back at a time suitable for you.
You must make a claim within 6 years of your finance agreement.
The duration of your claim will depend on whether the finance provider admits they were at fault. Cases can run from 6-18 months depending on the time taken to gather the evidence and the stance taken by the finance provider.
To consider your enquiry we need to know:
- The name of the solar panel sales company;
- The name of your finance provider/credit card provider;
- The name of your electricity provider and Feed-in-Tariff provider;
- The date of your purchase/installation;
- What you were told during the sale and the reason that you are now unhappy with your solar panels.
We will handle your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis, if your claim is successful you will pay us a success fee of up to 30% of your compensation settlement.
Start your FREE Enquiry
"Very impressed with the quick work completed, always kept me up to date mostly by email as it was hard to catch me on the phone. Forms to sign sent quickly in the post and dealt with just as quick. I would definitely recommend True solicitors for a friendly helpful quick service."