Our ‘No Win, No Fee’ service means there is no financial risk to you.
Chest & Rib Injury Claims
Chest and Rib Injuries can range from cracked ribs injuries, to internal organ damages. Broken or cracked ribs can be extremely painful and often take up to six weeks to repair themselves, during which time the treatment is limited as they cannot easily be reached. There can be additional challenges during the recovery period such as chest infections due to shallow breathing as a result of pain levels.
In addition, your rib fractures may cause damage to other internal organs. Your lung could puncture, making it very difficult to breathe and your liver or spleen may also be susceptible to damage from your broken ribs.
If you have suffered from a chest or rib injury, TRUE Solicitors may be able to help you to make a claim. Our team of specialist lawyers whose experience and expertise can help you obtain the maximum compensation in the shortest possible time.
We operate on a No Win, No Fee basis, meaning that there no upfront costs to you. We offer a free initial, no obligation assessment of your case.
Call us on 0344 854 7000 to discuss your claim, or submit your details below and we’ll call you back at a time convenient for you.
What are the common causes of chest and rib injuries?
Rib and Chest Injuries can happen as a result of direct impact, through:
Recovery can be long and painful, particularly if you face added complications as a result of the chest or rib injury.
What are the most common types of a chest and rib injury?
The effects of rib and chest injuries can include:
• Rib fractures- A break or multiple breaks in the rib cage, which can then lead to bruising of the muscles and ligaments surrounding the site of injury. The lungs and other organs underneath the ribs can also be injured.
• Flail Chest– This is when a piece of the rib cage is separated from the rest of the rib cage structure- typically at least two ribs.
• Haemothorax– A collection of blood between the lung and the chest wall, caused by a blunt injury.
• Pneumothorax– Changes in pressure within the chest can lead to a collapsed lung. Common causes include a broken rib tearing the lung or a puncture to the chest wall. People suffering from a pneumothorax can experience breathing difficulties, chest pain and can cough up blood.
• Splenic rupture– Injuries to the ribs may result in a splenic rupture, which involves the outer capsule being split and the spleen then bleeding into the abdominal cavity.
• Cardiac and associated blood vessel injury– Such as trauma to the coronary artery or a tear in the aorta artery.
What are the effects of chest and rib injury?
Chest and rib injuries typically result in:
• Trouble breathing
• Bruising and swelling
• Pain in the chest that is exacerbated through laughing, coughing and sneezing
• Tenderness around the ribs
• Pain when twisting the body
What can I claim compensation for if I have suffered due to a chest or rib injury?
You may be able to claim for the following:
• Loss of earnings.
• Pain and suffering.
• Medical expenses such as prescription charges, painkillers and rehabilitation.
• Compensation for care and support.
• Reduced life expectancy.
• Ongoing illness.
• Recovery time.
• Expected lifestyle changes.
How much will my claim be worth?
The amount of compensation that you may receive is dependent upon the individual circumstances of your case. The amount will depend on factors such as:
• The severity of your further health complications.
• How your life has been affected by the injury.
• Your future care and support needs.
• Financial losses, including how much money you have lost or will lose as a result of the misdiagnosis (e.g. loss of earnings, travel expenses).
To get an idea of the amount that you may receive to compensate for physical injuries use your free injury calculator below:
How much will it cost to make a claim?
TRUE Solicitors will manage your claim on a ‘No win, No fee’ basis. Our charges to you are dependent upon the individual type of case, and are typically a percentage of the compensation amount that we obtain for you. The charges will be no more than 25% of your compensation.
How TRUE can help you
To help you, we will:
- Provide you with jargon-free advice on whether you have a valid rib or chest injury claim.
- Arrange physiotherapy or other treatment that might help you to recover more quickly.
- Obtain a medical report to assess the extent of your injury.
- Recover any out of pocket expenses e.g. loss of earnings, travel expenses, medical expenses.
- Make sure you receive your maximum entitlement to compensation. We won’t settle for less.
If you have suffered a chest or rib injury, contact us now on 0344 854 7000 for free, impartial advice about claiming compensation. Alternatively you can submit a free, no obligation enquiry via the form on our website or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you without delay to discuss your claim.
Our ‘No Win, No Fee’ service gives our clients peace of mind.
Submit Your claim – we will establish who was at fault and submit a claim on your behalf.
Gather the Evidence and Arrange Treatment – we will collect all of the evidence needed to prove your claim, arrange a medical examination for you, and if appropriate arrange treatment to assist with your recovery.
Win Your Claim – we will fight hard on your behalf to recover maximum compensation in the shortest time.
How long will my claim take?
The length of time it takes to settle your claim depends on 3 factors; whether the other party admits they were at fault, the severity of injuries, and the amount of your losses and expenses. A straightforward rib or chest injury claim can be settled within 3 months but in complex cases they may take more than a year.