Medical Negligence Claims - Clinical Negligence Solicitors
If you’ve suffered injuries as a result of medical negligence TRUE Solicitors are here to help you get back to your normal self as soon as possible. Our team of expert clinical negligence solicitors are highly experienced in getting our clients access to the rehabilitation and compensation that you deserve.
We operate on a No Win, No Fee basis, meaning that there no upfront costs to you. We offer a free initial, no obligation assessment of your case.
What is classed as medical negligence?
Medical or clinical negligence is a broad term used to describe mistakes, accidents and poor care by medical staff, both NHS and private. It includes any medical treatment whether it is provided at hospitals, GP surgeries, health centres or even at home. Common types of medical negligence include misdiagnosis, surgical error, and patients being prescribed with incorrect medication or treatment. All of these issues can contribute to making an existing illness or injury worse.
How do I make a medical negligence claim?
If you have suffered as a consequence of medical malpractice you should contact TRUE Solicitors as soon as possible. We will take into consideration the specific details of your medical negligence claim and let you know if we think you have case, including the likely amount of compensation that you can expect to receive.
Find out if you are eligible to make a medical negligence claim by submitting your details below or call us on 0344 854 7000. A member of our expert team will call you back to discuss your claim, at a time that is convenient for you.
What are the most common types of medical negligence?
When things go wrong as a result of medical misconduct it can have a life-changing effect, not only for you but for your family too. Why should you suffer as result of someone else’s incompetence? Our lawyers are experienced in obtaining medical injury compensation for those that have received poor medical treatment in the following areas:
- GP negligence such as a failure to investigate symptoms or to act on test results.
- Misdiagnosis or a delay in diagnosis.
- Surgical negligence such as poor operating procedures, instruments left inside the body or the wrong operation being performed.
- Dental negligence claims for people who have suffered substandard dental treatment leading to avoidable tooth loss or making a dental condition worse.
- Hospital negligence including patient dehydration and malnourishment, pressure sores claims and hospital-contracted infections such as MRSA.
- Medication errors when the wrong medicine is prescribed or drugs are administered in the wrong dosage.
- Birth injuries to mothers and children or inadequate prenatal and postnatal care.
- Negligent cosmetic procedures such as breast implants, face lifts, rhinoplasty (nose jobs), injections or liposuction.
- Lack of consent claims where a healthcare professional provides treatment without first explaining the risks.
- Accident and emergency negligence claims against issues such as the failure to check a patient’s medical history, or missed fracture compensation.
Is there a time limit for making a medical negligence claim?
In most cases you need to start your medical negligence claim within three years of receiving the treatment. The exceptions to this rule are when cases involve children or those who are mentally incapacitated to make a claim themselves. Children do not face the medical negligence claims time limit of three years as a claim can be made by an adult on their behalf at any time before they turn 18. There is no time limit to make a claim for those who are mentally incapacitated to make a claim themselves.
Why choose TRUE Solicitors to pursue your medical negligence claim?
At TRUE Solicitors LLP, we know that making medical negligence claims against a hospital or your Doctor is a daunting prospect. We have a specialised team to deal with these claims and they, in turn, have access to barristers experienced in this type of law and senior medical professionals in all areas of speciality, to support any medical negligence claims. TRUE Solicitors handle all types of medical negligence claims including:
Gynaecology & Pregnancy claims
Pressure sore claims
For a free, no obligation initial assessment contact us now on 0344 854 7000. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit an enquiry via the form on our website, and we will contact you without delay to discuss your case
Our ‘No Win, No Fee’ service gives our clients peace of mind.
Submit Your claim – we will establish who was at fault and submit a claim on your behalf.
Gather the Evidence and Arrange Treatment – we will collect all of the evidence needed to prove your claim, arrange a medical examination for you, and if appropriate arrange treatment to assist with your recovery.
Win Your Claim – we will fight hard on your behalf to recover maximum compensation in the shortest time.
How long will my claim take?
The length of medical negligence claims depends on whether the other party admits fault, the severity of the injury and the extent of the claim for losses and expenses. Straightforward medical negligence claims may settle within a few months, whereas complex cases may take in excess of a year.